Wilson Golf announced it has reached an agreement to re-sign Ricky Barnes to a three-year contract, ensuring he will continue to play Wilson Staff FG tour irons and wedges, carry a Wilson Staff bag and wear the signature Wilson “engineer” hat through the 2013 season.
“I’m excited about my partnership with Wilson Golf, a company that has such a rich golf championship history and heritage,” said Barnes of the agreement. “I’ve played great golf since switching to the Wilson Staff FG Tour irons, and my confidence has translated into success on the course.”
Barnes has been involved in the development of the company’s FG Tour irons and wedges since joining Wilson in 2009. Along with fellow Wilson Staff advisory member Padraig Harrington, Barnes will continue to provide feedback on the design and development of Wilson Staff clubs.
“Wilson Golf is proud to continue its relationship with Ricky Barnes,” said Tim Clarke, general manager of Wilson Golf. “Ricky’s style of play and on-course demeanor couldn’t be a better match for the Wilson brand.”
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia apologizes for 'fried chicken' remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth