Power Rankings: Taking Toms for the Wyn
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Aug 16, 2011 8:00 AM ET
Here are GolfChannel.com’s Power Rankings, the top 10 favorites for the Wyndham Championship:
1. David Toms: Made a valiant weekend run at the PGA Championship with rounds of 65-67. Was runner-up at this event last year.
2. Webb Simpson: Had the weekend off after an MC in Atlanta, but prior to that had not finished worse than T-16 in six starts leading up to the PGA.
3. Bill Haas: Posted three sub-70 rounds at Atlanta Athletic Club in tying for 12th. He's 20th on the money list and 15th in the FedEx Cup standing. Heady stuff.
4. Ian Poulter: Making his first start in Greensboro. Hasn't had a top-10 on Tour since the season-opening Tournament of Champions, but always seems to play well late in the season - after all the majors are done and the pressure is reduced.
5. Jason Dufner: Made a name for himself - for better or worse - in losing a playoff at the PGA. If he makes it to the weekend, expect him to be in the mix for his first title. In his last nine Tour starts, he has four top-10s and five missed cuts.
6. Brandt Snedeker: The 2007 Wyndham winner was T-5 in 2009 and T-8 in 2010. Reason enough to be on this list.
7. Lucas Glover: Has played here seven times and only once finished outside the top 25.
8. Charles Howell III: Three appearances, three good finishes (two top-20s and a T-34). Winless on Tour since 2007, he had a run of three consecutive top-5s prior to the U.S. Open.
9. Jason Bohn: Has missed five of his last seven cuts. How did he make it on here? He has finished T-2-2-T-3 in his last three Wyndham starts.
10. Davis Love III: His opening rounds at the PGA Championship (68-71) show the Ryder Cup captain's game is still sharp. Notched top 15s at The Players, the U.S. Open and the Open Championship, but still waiting for the first W of 2011.
Note: This list is compiled from rankings submitted by members of GolfChannel.com's editorial team, based on who is most expected to contend in each upcoming event.
Compete against the GolfChannel.com experts and other fans in our Fantasy Challenge.
For more in-depth fantasy golf coverage, visit Rotoworld powered by NBC Sports.
Graeme McDowell made amends for last year's defeat to capture the Volvo World Match Play Championship on Sunday, defeating Thongchai Jaidee 2 and 1 in the final at Thracian Cliffs Golf and Beach Resor... Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play