Power Rankings: Taking Toms for the Wyn
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Aug 16, 2011 8:00 AM ET
Here are GolfChannel.com’s Power Rankings, the top 10 favorites for the Wyndham Championship:
1. David Toms: Made a valiant weekend run at the PGA Championship with rounds of 65-67. Was runner-up at this event last year.
2. Webb Simpson: Had the weekend off after an MC in Atlanta, but prior to that had not finished worse than T-16 in six starts leading up to the PGA.
3. Bill Haas: Posted three sub-70 rounds at Atlanta Athletic Club in tying for 12th. He's 20th on the money list and 15th in the FedEx Cup standing. Heady stuff.
4. Ian Poulter: Making his first start in Greensboro. Hasn't had a top-10 on Tour since the season-opening Tournament of Champions, but always seems to play well late in the season - after all the majors are done and the pressure is reduced.
5. Jason Dufner: Made a name for himself - for better or worse - in losing a playoff at the PGA. If he makes it to the weekend, expect him to be in the mix for his first title. In his last nine Tour starts, he has four top-10s and five missed cuts.
6. Brandt Snedeker: The 2007 Wyndham winner was T-5 in 2009 and T-8 in 2010. Reason enough to be on this list.
7. Lucas Glover: Has played here seven times and only once finished outside the top 25.
8. Charles Howell III: Three appearances, three good finishes (two top-20s and a T-34). Winless on Tour since 2007, he had a run of three consecutive top-5s prior to the U.S. Open.
9. Jason Bohn: Has missed five of his last seven cuts. How did he make it on here? He has finished T-2-2-T-3 in his last three Wyndham starts.
10. Davis Love III: His opening rounds at the PGA Championship (68-71) show the Ryder Cup captain's game is still sharp. Notched top 15s at The Players, the U.S. Open and the Open Championship, but still waiting for the first W of 2011.
Note: This list is compiled from rankings submitted by members of GolfChannel.com's editorial team, based on who is most expected to contend in each upcoming event.
Compete against the GolfChannel.com experts and other fans in our Fantasy Challenge.
For more in-depth fantasy golf coverage, visit Rotoworld powered by NBC Sports.
Already well in front in the team competition, the USC Trojans are now on the verge of both team and individual NCAA titles entering the final round of competition at the University of Georgia Golf Co... Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots