While the game's top names are playing the British Open in England, many of those who did not qualify are in Mississippi for the renamed True South Classic. Annandale C.C. hosts again as Chris Kirk defends his title. Here are this week’s power rankings.
Be sure to join the Golf Channel Fantasy Challenge to test yourself against our panel of experts, including defending champion Win McMurry.
1. Blake Adams - Adams (pictured) hasn't missed a cut since Charlotte in May and has five top-25 finishes in that span. Was T-9 here a year ago.
2. Ken Duke - Enjoying a consistent year on Tour, Duke finished T-8 here in 2010.
3. Brendon de Jonge - The highest-ranked player in the field in the FedEx Cup standings, de Jonge finished T-3 here in 2010.
4. Brian Harman - Harman couldn't seal the deal on Sunday at the Deere, but has three top-25 finishes in his last four starts. He likes to go low.
5. Matt Every - Returned last week after over a month away from the PGA Tour. Finished T-3 in the opposite-field event at Mayakoba earlier this year.
6. Spencer Levin - One of the streakiest players on Tour, Levin has rebounded from three consecutive missed cuts. Perfect place for his first win.
7. Billy Horschel - Horschel has had limited opportunities, but missed just two cuts this year. Should be good for a paycheck.
8. Chris Kirk - The defending champion has not been very strong this year, but has modest finishes at the Deere and Humana, where low scores are important.
9. Luke Guthrie - Guthrie is making just his third start as a pro, but showed some moxie last week at the Deere to finish T-5.
10. Bud Cauley - Cauley has found a bit of a sophomore slump, missing four cuts in his last seven starts. He finished T-4 here a year ago, however, which could reinvigorate his season.
- Woods pulls out of AT&T with strained elbow
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Rose's media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- No. 1-ranked amateur Williams signs with Nike
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a friend
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path