Power Rankings: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- By Ryan Ballengee
- May 15, 2012 9:00 AM ET
The PGA Tour returns to Texas for the third time this year, heading to Dallas for the HP Byron Nelson Championship. Keegan Bradley is the defending champion here, earning his first PGA Tour in in a playoff one year ago.
Take a look at our fantasy rankings for this week, then tweet out your picks using the hashtag #GCFantasy and send them to me @RyanBallengeeGC. Also be sure to join the Golf Channel Fantasy Challenge to test yourself against our panel of experts, including defending champion Win McMurry.
1. Jason Day: The winner of the 2010 Nelson was also fifth here last year. He's coming around nicely with a T-9 finish in Charlotte.
2. Matt Kuchar: Winning in back-to-back weeks is tough - ask Rickie Fowler - but Kuchar deserves credit for his consistency. He was T-6 here a year ago.
3. Phil Mickelson: Mickelson returns for the first time since 2007, where he finished T-3. He won the event in 1996.
4. Adam Scott: The Aussie is light on tournaments this year, but finished T-15 at The Players last week. He's the 2008 champion of the Nelson, winning in his second try. This is just his fourth start here and first since 2009.
5. D.A. Points: Though he had to pull out of The Players at the last second, D.A. has been T-3, T-7 and T-8 here the last three years and was in the playoff at Quail Hollow.
6. Brian Gay: Gay was joint runner-up here in 2010 and has three other top-20 finishes in his last six Nelson starts.
7. Jason Dufner: Made the cut on the number at The Players a week after his wedding. He was T-8 here a year ago and recently won in NOLA.
8. Keegan Bradley: The defending champion here finished T-35 at Sawgrass to end a two tournament run of missed cuts. It hasn't been coming as easily lately, but his mini-sophomore slump appears finished.
9. Jeff Overton: Overton missed the weekend at Sawgrass, but arrives with an affinity for TPC Four Seasons, where he has a runner-up and a T-8 finish in the last two years.
10. Arjun Atwal: Consider this a nod to past play rather than current form. He has cashed only twice in 13 starts this year, but was in the top 8 here in both 2010 and 2011.
**Remember to join GC Fantasy expert Rob Bolton for a live chat 12:00p ET Wednesday at www.rotoworld.com**
Tune in for live coverage of the HP Byron Nelson Championship from 3-6PM ET Thursday-Friday on Golf Channel.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play