With the U.S. Open in the books, the PGA Tour heads across the country to Connecticut for the Travelers Championship at TPC River Highlands. Fredrik Jacobson is the defending champion near Hartford, where Patrick Cantlay shot 60 as an amateur last year in the second round.
Take a look at our fantasy rankings for this week, then tweet out your picks using the hashtag #GCFantasy and send them to me @RyanBallengeeGC. Also be sure to join the Golf Channel Fantasy Challenge to test yourself against our panel of experts, including defending champion Win McMurry.
1. Hunter Mahan: Mahan finished T-38 at the U.S. Open with a colorful quartet of scorecards. He finished T-2 in 2008 and T-4 in 2009 here, and let's not forget his two wins earlier this season.
2. Padraig Harrington: Harrington is coming along nicely. His T-4 finish at the U.S. Open was his third consecutive top-15 finish on the PGA Tour. He was T-5 here in 2010.
3. Webb Simpson: The U.S. Open champion will be absolutely exhausted, but deserves consideration this week. He was T-13 at Hartford a year ago.
4. Fredrik Jacobson: The defending champion here had a nice T-15 showing in the U.S. Open. He has made three of his last four cuts, finishing inside the top 20 in three of them.
5. Zach Johnson: Johnson has a pair of runner-up finishes and a win since mid-April. He is sixth on the PGA Tour in strokes gained putting, good for a track where going low is crucial.
6. Bubba Watson: Watson seemed disinterested at times at The Olympic Club, but he moves to a course he knows and likes. He won here in 2010 and was T-6 in 2008.
7. Michael Thompson: The co-runner-up from the U.S. Open was solo fourth here a year ago, finishing two shots behind Jacobson. He's fifth on Tour in strokes gained putting.
8. Ryan Moore: Moore has missed just two cuts all season and arrives in Hartford where he was twice a runner-up, including last year, and T-4 in 2009.
9. Bo Van Pelt: BVP finished T-59 at the U.S. Open, but had top-20 finishes in his prior three PGA Tour starts. He has a pair of top-13 finishes in the last three years in Hartford.
10. John Merrick: Coming off a runner-up finish in Memphis, Merrick likes TPC River Highlands. He has finished inside the top 11 here in two of the last three years.
**Remember to join GC Fantasy expert Rob Bolton for a live chat 12:00p ET Wednesday at www.rotoworld.com**
Tune in to Golf Channel Thursday-Friday from 3P-6P ET for live coverage of the Travelers Championship.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots