The Fall Series remains on hiatus this week, but many of the game's best will head to China for the season's final WGC event. A field of 78 players will tee it up Thursday in the WGC-HSBC Champions from Mission Hills GC in Shenzhen, China.
Be sure to join the Golf Channel Fantasy Challenge to test yourself against our panel of experts, including defending champion Win McMurry.
Martin Kaymer returns as the defending champion in this event, having won last year at the Sheshan GC in Shanghai. Here are 10 players to keep an eye on this week:
1. Louis Oosthuizen: Continued his strong late-season run with a T-6 finish last week at the BMW Masters in Shanghai. The South African finished T-7 in this event last year and leads the European Tour in GIR percentage.
2. Luke Donald: The top-ranked player in this week's field, Donald finished third last week in China. He ranks second on the European Tour in putts per GIR and third on the PGA Tour in strokes gained putting.
3. Justin Rose: Followed up his exhibition win in Turkey with a T-6 finish in Shanghai as he has quietly become one of the world's most consistent players. Leads the European Tour in stroke average and leads the PGA Tour in GIR percentage.
4. Dustin Johnson: Should be happy to find a course in Shenzhen that features five par-5s. This marks the first stroke play start for the long-hitting Johnson since finishing in the top 10 in each of the four FedEx Cup playoff events.
5. Keegan Bradley: Making his first official start since his heroics at Medinah, Bradley continues to lead the PGA Tour in the all-around ranking and has the length off the tee to remain aggressive on the Olazabal Course.
6. Peter Hanson: The Swede's win at the BMW Masters last week was his second in four starts, and he has now risen to a career-best 17th in the World Ranking. Currently the European Tour leader in putts per GIR and fifth in putts per round.
7. Ian Poulter: Continuing his Ryder Cup momentum, Poulter finished fourth last week at the BMW Masters after closing with 65. Ranks fourth on the European Tour in GIR percentage and led the field last week in that same category.
8. Nicolas Colsaerts: A winner last year in China, Colsaerts finished T-14 last week in Shanghai. Leads the European Tour in driving distance, ranks fifth in scoring average and 10th in GIR percentage.
9. Jamie Donaldson: The Welshman continues to play well since bursting onto the scene in the U.S. at Kiawah. He has three top-10 finishes in his last six starts, including the PGA Championship, and opened with a 62 last week in China en route to a T-16 finish.
10. Bubba Watson: Like Johnson, Watson should be able to capitalize on a significant distance advantage off the tee this week. The Masters champion capped his 2012 regular season with five top-20 finishes in his last six starts.
Tags: Fantasy Central
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management