Nike Golf showcased a promotional shoe and apparel line for its athletes during the Masters and the company is at it again this week at Congressional. Select staff members will wear a limited edition version of the Lunar Control during the U.S. Open – a white shoe with black saddle, encased with a red sole and red stitching – coupled with predetermined outfits throughout the week from its latest apparel line.
Depending on the athlete’s specific clothing choice for the day, Paul Casey, Lucas Glover, Francesco Molinari, Carl Pettersson, Anthony Kim, Stewart Cink and Charl Schwartzel will participate in the promotion. Schwartzel wore Nike’s limited edition green color-way shoe en route to his Masters victory in April.
“We’re excited to showcase the success of the Lunar Control by collaborating with our athletes competing at Congressional to create a limited edition color to help celebrate the U.S. Open,” Lee Walker, product line manager for Nike Golf told GolfChannel.com. “While we often do special colors for Nike Golf athletes around major championships, we’re now making this limited edition shoe available to the public as well.”
Spectators at Congressional this week will have an opportunity to purchase this limited edition version of the Lunar Control on site, and nikestore.com is offering the shoe until sold out.
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
Levy joined the Golf Channel team in 2010 as associate editor for GolfChannel.com.
- Tiger: No desire to clear the air with Garcia
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Teater leads British Open qualifier; Guthrie 1 back
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae