Rose switches to Ashworth, says it's a better fit
- By Golf Channel Digital
- May 23, 2012 4:20 PM ET
Ashworth Golf announced Monday that Justin Rose has become a brand ambassador. Rose, ranked No. 9 in the Official World Golf Rankings, will make the switch to Ashworth’s newest line of apparel and Cardiff footwear this week at the European Tour’s BMW PGA Championship.
“I am really excited about partnering with Ashworth going forward; I think that it comes at the right time for me," Rose said. “I am now into my 30s; my sense of style has evolved over the last couple years and I am certainly a lot more clear about what I want to achieve going forward and how I want to look doing it.”
Since turning professional in 1999, the 31-year-old has won four times on the PGA Tour and five times on the European Tour, most recently at the WGC-Cadillac Championship in March 2012.
“Justin is the right man at the right time for the Ashworth brand. He’s fit, focused and poised, and continues to mature as a player,” said Kevin Ross, VP Ashworth Golf, a subsidiary of TaylorMade-Adidas Golf.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae