Rose switches to Ashworth, says it's a better fit
- By Golf Channel Digital
- May 23, 2012 4:20 PM ET
Ashworth Golf announced Monday that Justin Rose has become a brand ambassador. Rose, ranked No. 9 in the Official World Golf Rankings, will make the switch to Ashworth’s newest line of apparel and Cardiff footwear this week at the European Tour’s BMW PGA Championship.
“I am really excited about partnering with Ashworth going forward; I think that it comes at the right time for me," Rose said. “I am now into my 30s; my sense of style has evolved over the last couple years and I am certainly a lot more clear about what I want to achieve going forward and how I want to look doing it.”
Since turning professional in 1999, the 31-year-old has won four times on the PGA Tour and five times on the European Tour, most recently at the WGC-Cadillac Championship in March 2012.
“Justin is the right man at the right time for the Ashworth brand. He’s fit, focused and poised, and continues to mature as a player,” said Kevin Ross, VP Ashworth Golf, a subsidiary of TaylorMade-Adidas Golf.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots