Scott keeps things hot with cold-weather wardrobe
- By Bailey Mosier
- Jul 20, 2012 2:24 PM ET
When the forecast calls for dark skies and cold weather, it's easy to reach in your closet and grab a jacket that's basic black. But we have to make note of – and give props to – Adam Scott's British Open cold-weather garb.
Scott's first round argyle pullover was nothing short of sharp and chic. He followed that with a classic, stylish gray pullover with checkered elbow patches on Day 2. Both looks are easily the best in the field.
And as it turns out, it's not just Scott's wardrobe that's making a statement this week. After a 6-under 64, Scott held the 18-hole lead after the first round, his first ever overnight lead at a major. On Day 2 he shot 3 under and is in second place heading into the weekend, one shot off 36-hole leader Brandt Snedeker.
It should be interesting to see what he shows up with this weekend ... we'll be watching his clothes and his closing style.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path