Summer is officially here and it’s time to take a look at the hot trends grazing the fairways this season. The pros are shedding their winter garb and painting every Tour stop red … and pink and purple and yellow and green and … you get the point.
Pretty in plum
Purples and plums are a way to break from the more traditional hues while maintaining a sophisticated look. Fredrik Jacobson, Lee Westwood and Graeme McDowell all wear this subdued shade of purple well and we should expect to see more of it on the links this summer.
Bright colors are making a splash on the scene this season. From Rory McIlroy's fire orange stripes to the other Rory's mean green trousers and Padraig Harrington's firecracker fuschia, this is one trend that keeps heating up. In the age of customization and personal branding, expect to see more and more players wearing bold colors and bright tones, looking to make a statement with their clubs and their wardrobes.
The fine print
While some pull off prints better than others, the golfers have spoken and plaid and argyle aren't going anywhere. From top to bottom, look for a tad of plaid in the fairways this summer.
Back to basics
Solid, neutral colors will never go out of style and everyone from Tiger Woods to Martin Kaymer and even wild (wardrobe) child Rickie Fowler knows when it's appropriate to tone it down. Whether they're wearing all black, gray or white or a combination of those three colors, it's the ultimate statement to go clean and crisp.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots