Vegas debuts Nike '13 Lunar Control at Disney
- By Bailey Mosier
- Nov 8, 2012 11:52 AM ET
Jhonattan Vegas knows a thing or two about feeling lunar. Like when he felt over-the-moon happy winning his first PGA Tour event in 2011 at the Bob Hope Classic.
This week at Disney, what’s keeping him grounded is also helping him reach for the stars.
Vegas is among several Nike Golf athletes debuting the latest in Lunar Control footwear this week – the 2013 model – at the Children’s Miracle Network in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
The new Lunar Control footwear features a full-length Lunarlon cushioning system, providing lightweight comfort, optimal ground-feel, and all-day support throughout the entire shoe.
The Lunarlon cushioning system is a proprietary technology from Nike that offers comfort and stability where athletes need it most. The Lunarlon Foam midsole is lightweight, durable and highly responsive, resulting in a unique combination of cushioning and support.
The new Nike Lunar Control footwear will be available to consumers January 1, 2013 and comes in six different color ways with wide options.
With any luck, Vegas will be in a state of blissful orbit by week's end, if he's able to claim his second Tour victory. If that's the case, his new Nike kicks may have something to do with it.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth