Video: Stay better connected during your takeaway
- By SwingFix
- Nov 26, 2012 7:00 AM ET
In addition to having superior fundamentals, a good takeaway is a major benefit when it comes to building a solid golf swing.
Many higher handicappers, however, struggle with their takeaway because the club works too far inside or too far outside starting back.
If you’re among those who has trouble with the club working outside too quickly, which is causing you to get disconnected during your backswing, Brian Mogg has a great drill in this video to help you out and all you’ll need is a small towel.
Keep the towel in place going back and you’ll stay more connected in your backswing, which could help you cure that slice you’ve been fighting.
For more Golf Channel tips to help you improve your ball-striking, click here.
An elite team of instructors that can show you in a matter of minutes what it would take you months to figure out on your own.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Lexi, Korda in Mobile
- Bradley holds onto Nelson lead after Day 3 | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- LPGA SCORING: Nordqvist's 61 in Mobile mix
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process