SwingFix analysis: Create and maintain your angles
- By Steve Whidden, SwingFix instructor
- Jan 2, 2013 4:30 PM ET
When it comes to the golf swing, a good setup position is absolutely crucial when it comes to being able to make a powerful turn away from and through the ball.
And it when it comes to setting up correctly, you want to create angles in your posture and then maintain those angles throughout the swing.
Tom is having some problems with being consistent in his ball-striking, and as SwingFix instructor Steve Whidden shows him in this swing analysis, his issues are primarily related to losing his angles in the downswing, which is making it tough for Tom to create power and achieve solid contact.
Posture is a major problem for many golfers, so this analysis will be a great reference point to understand what you need to be doing in your golf swing to enjoy better results.
If you’d like to have Steve Whidden analyze your swing, click here.
SwingFix instructor Steve Whidden was selected as the 2010 Southwest Florida PGA Teacher of the Year.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots