SwingFix analysis: Driving the ball more effectively
- By Alison Curdt, SwingFix Instructor
- Nov 21, 2012 10:30 AM ET
Driving the ball well is a must for any golfer who wants to play at a high level, and that means maximizing power and accuracy.
Jose has been having trouble with his driver, hitting shots that typically were low and to the right, so he sought out help from SwingFix teaching pro and PGA Master of Instruction Alison Curdt for some help.
In this video segment, Curdt uses Tom Watson’s swing to show Jose where he’s going wrong, and it all starts with making a better turn behind the golf ball, which is imperative when it comes to creating an impact position that will allow you to optimize your launch angle with the driver.
If you’re having trouble hitting your driver as well as you’d like, check out this swing analysis, as there could be some tips in this video to help you out.
And if you’d like to have your swing professionally analyzed by Alison Curdt, click here.
SwingFix instructor Alison Curdt was named the 2012 LPGA T&CP Western Section Teacher of the Year and she is the youngest female to ever earn Master of Instruction status from the PGA.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots