SwingFix analysis: Establish an athletic setup position
- By George Connor, SwingFix instructor
- Dec 5, 2012 4:00 PM ET
Having solid pre-swing fundamentals, especially in your setup, are crucial when it comes to developing a sound, reliable golf swing.
Most notably, setting up to the ball in an athletic posture is a must when it comes to making a good turn away from the ball, which is a key to solid ball-striking and generating power.
Tyler has been struggling to achieve consistent contact and as is addressed in this swing analysis courtesy of SwingFix instructor George Connor his big issue is that he needs to create a setup that’s more athletic.
By setting up too vertically and not having enough tilt behind the ball, Tyler ends up struggling to capitalize on his athleticism in his swing, especially as it relates to his head and upper body moving away from the target at impact.
Enjoy this analysis and take Connor’s advice to heart, as an athletic setup position and good posture will benefit any golfer.
If you’d like to have your swing analyzed by George Connor, click here.
George Connor: SwingFix instructor George Connor was selected as the PGA's Connecticut Teacher of the Year for 2011.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth