SwingFix analysis: Establish an athletic setup position
- By George Connor, SwingFix instructor
- Dec 5, 2012 4:00 PM ET
Having solid pre-swing fundamentals, especially in your setup, are crucial when it comes to developing a sound, reliable golf swing.
Most notably, setting up to the ball in an athletic posture is a must when it comes to making a good turn away from the ball, which is a key to solid ball-striking and generating power.
Tyler has been struggling to achieve consistent contact and as is addressed in this swing analysis courtesy of SwingFix instructor George Connor his big issue is that he needs to create a setup that’s more athletic.
By setting up too vertically and not having enough tilt behind the ball, Tyler ends up struggling to capitalize on his athleticism in his swing, especially as it relates to his head and upper body moving away from the target at impact.
Enjoy this analysis and take Connor’s advice to heart, as an athletic setup position and good posture will benefit any golfer.
If you’d like to have your swing analyzed by George Connor, click here.
George Connor: SwingFix instructor George Connor was selected as the PGA's Connecticut Teacher of the Year for 2011.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process