SwingFix Sweepstakes winners enjoy grand prizes
- By SwingFix
- Feb 20, 2013 7:00 AM ET
A SwingFix Sweepstakes turned into a dream come true for avid golfers Wayne Pettway and Rafael Santos III.
Both men were among thousands who entered the sweepstakes last spring by creating accounts, uploading swing videos and taking lessons through SwingFix.
Those actions were taken by golfers from all over the country in hopes of winning the chance to receive an in-person lesson with Golf Channel personalities Michael Breed or Martin Hall.
Pettway, from Duluth, Ga., and Santos, from Copiague, N.Y., were the grand prize winners, and in addition to getting lessons from the two of the world’s most renowned golf instructors, they also traveled to Orlando for two days and three nights, toured Golf Channel’s facilities and were given $500 in spending money.
And as you might expect, both men were thrilled with their winning prize packages.
”Wow, what an unforgettable experience I had from the moment I arrived at the Golf Channel station until the time I left some six hours later,” said Pettway, whose lesson was with Breed on Jan. 28 and can be seen in the embedded video above. “On one hand I felt like a celebrity guest. On the other hand I felt like I was a part of the Golf Channel team, thanks to an amazing shoot with my man Michael Breed.
“He exceeded any expectations I had in terms of instruction and more importantly as a person. Every single person I happened to meet in passing, even on-air personalities like Tim Rosaforte and Brandel Chamblee, were all very gracious. I would encourage all golf aficionados to participate in any contest offered by the Golf Channel.”
As for the soft-spoken Santos, who took his lesson with Hall on Feb. 12, he simply described his journey to Orlando as an “incredible experience,” and his lesson can be seen at the following link: Watch Video.
For more information about personalized instruction from SwingFix, click here.
An elite team of instructors that can show you in a matter of minutes what it would take you months to figure out on your own.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path