Tip of the Week: Don't get stuck on the downswing
- By SwingFix
- Dec 13, 2012 2:00 PM ET
On Thursday, Tom Watson was officially introduced as the 2014 U.S. Ryder Cup Captain.
Watson’s record as a player speaks for itself, and he has always been considered one of the game’s all-time greatest ball-strikers.
So who better in our Tip of the Week segment to gain a little insight from other than the newly announced Ryder Cup captain, as School of Golf host Martin Hall shows you a great drill that he learned from Watson to help you keep from getting stuck on your downswing.
It’s all about shoulder plane, and if you tend to get too far underneath the ball at impact and hit a lot of blocks, this drill could be just what you’re looking for to fix that problem.
For more tips from Golf Channel to help you with your swing, click here.
An elite team of instructors that can show you in a matter of minutes what it would take you months to figure out on your own.
- LIVE STREAM: Sr. PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots