Video: Get your ball up and down from the sand
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Oct 28, 2012 12:00 PM ET
Who's the best bunker player of all time? School of Golf host Martin Hall votes for The Black Knight, Gary Player.
And in this video segment, Hall shares a tip he picked up from Player way back when Hall was but just a young boy learning to play the game.
It starts simply enough, by tossing some balls out of the bunker with your right hand (for a righty, left hand for a lefty). Then you move on to right-arm-only practice swings, thumping sand out of the bunker as you swing.
From there, step in and execute the shot, and you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to get the ball out of the sand and close to the hole.
For more tips from Golf Channel to help you improve your bunker play, click here.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar leads as rain halts play at Colonial | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Cochran, Perry co-lead Sr. PGA after Day 2 | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots