Video: Get your ball up and down from the sand
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Oct 28, 2012 12:00 PM ET
Who's the best bunker player of all time? School of Golf host Martin Hall votes for The Black Knight, Gary Player.
And in this video segment, Hall shares a tip he picked up from Player way back when Hall was but just a young boy learning to play the game.
It starts simply enough, by tossing some balls out of the bunker with your right hand (for a righty, left hand for a lefty). Then you move on to right-arm-only practice swings, thumping sand out of the bunker as you swing.
From there, step in and execute the shot, and you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to get the ball out of the sand and close to the hole.
For more tips from Golf Channel to help you improve your bunker play, click here.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots