Video: Get your ball up and down from the sand
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Oct 28, 2012 12:00 PM ET
Who's the best bunker player of all time? School of Golf host Martin Hall votes for The Black Knight, Gary Player.
And in this video segment, Hall shares a tip he picked up from Player way back when Hall was but just a young boy learning to play the game.
It starts simply enough, by tossing some balls out of the bunker with your right hand (for a righty, left hand for a lefty). Then you move on to right-arm-only practice swings, thumping sand out of the bunker as you swing.
From there, step in and execute the shot, and you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to get the ball out of the sand and close to the hole.
For more tips from Golf Channel to help you improve your bunker play, click here.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path