Video: Understand bounce and improve your pitching
- By SwingFix
- Nov 5, 2012 3:00 PM ET
Many average golfers have trouble pitching the ball around the greens because they don’t understand how to utilize the bounce on their wedges.
In this video segment, SwingFix instructor Justin Bruton will explain what bounce is and show you how to use the bounce on your wedges to hit soft, high pitch shots.
The key is to understand how to contact the ground and to lean the shaft slightly away from the target.
If you can better understand how your wedges were designed to work, you’ll be more likely to get the ball up and down when a delicate pitch is required.
For more tips from Golf Channel to help you with your short game, click here.
An elite team of instructors that can show you in a matter of minutes what it would take you months to figure out on your own.
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process