Video: Understand bounce and improve your pitching
- By SwingFix
- Nov 5, 2012 3:00 PM ET
Many average golfers have trouble pitching the ball around the greens because they don’t understand how to utilize the bounce on their wedges.
In this video segment, SwingFix instructor Justin Bruton will explain what bounce is and show you how to use the bounce on your wedges to hit soft, high pitch shots.
The key is to understand how to contact the ground and to lean the shaft slightly away from the target.
If you can better understand how your wedges were designed to work, you’ll be more likely to get the ball up and down when a delicate pitch is required.
For more tips from Golf Channel to help you with your short game, click here.
An elite team of instructors that can show you in a matter of minutes what it would take you months to figure out on your own.
- LIVE STREAM: 'Morning Drive' with Sergio reax
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'wrong, hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia apologizes for 'fried chicken' remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth