Weekly Fix: Check your path to cure a two-way miss
- By Tim Cooke, SwingFix Instructor
- Mar 19, 2013 12:00 PM ET
Welcome back to Weekly Fix! I’m Tim Cooke and each week on GolfChannel.com we’ll be taking a closer look at your swings in hopes of helping you play better golf.
This week, we’re going to analyze Michael’s golf swing.
Michael is a very good player who carries a 5-handicap, but like many of you he occasionally has trouble hitting his driver as consistently as he would like.
More specifically, Michael fights a two-way miss when things get a little off track, so we’re going to try to help him understand what causes that problem and what he can do to fix it, and there should be plenty that all of you can learn from this week’s analysis.
In summary, some of the ideas I would suggest that everyone take away from this week’s analysis would include the following:
• At the start of the downswing, feeling as though your weight shifts from your trail foot to your front foot is a great way to create more power in your golf swing.
• When you set up to the ball, feel as though your arms hang straight down and that the butt end of the shaft points up and through your belt buckle. Setting up in that manner will make it easier to stay in your posture throughout your swing.
• If you pull away from the golf ball in the downswing or as you approach impact, you likely will create a swing path that is moving too far left for a right-handed player, and this will cause shots that are missed right and left depending on the angle of your clubface.
That’s it for this week’s edition of Weekly Fix. Keep sending us your videos at WeeklyFix@GolfChannel.com, and we’ll be back with a new edition right here next week.
Tim Cooke is the Director of Instruction at Long Cove Club in Hilton Head Island, S.C., and one of Golf Digest's top young instructors.
- LIVE STREAM: NOW: Watch Big Break Mexico
- Tiger: No desire to clear the air with Garcia
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Mickelson to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Teater leads British Open qualifier; Guthrie 1 back
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae