Big Break Alum Sara Brown Wins 1st Tournament
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jun 4, 2012 4:13 PM ET
The Golf Channel original series, Big Break, is all about dreams coming true and getting your chance to play on Tour. Lots of dreams came true this past weekend for a handful of Big Break alumni.
Past Big Break competitor Sara Brown, who appeared on both Big Break Dominican Republican and Big Break Sandals Resorts, won her first professional tournament this past weekend on the Symetra Tour, the My Marsh Golf Classic. Check out Sara Brown as she will be on Morning Drive Tuesday to talk about her first professional win.
Brown isn’t the only past and current Big Break competitor who had lots to celebrate this past weekend. Kelly Jacques (Big Break Ireland), Lili Alvarez (runner-up on Big Break Sandals Resorts) and current Big Break Atlantis competitor Anya Alvarez, all qualified for the U.S. Women’s Open yesterday.
Plus, Matt Every (Big Break Mesquite) finished T-6 at the Memorial Tournament this past weekend.
Don’t miss an all-new Big Break Atlantis tonight and every Monday at 9PM ET.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth