Golf Returns to the Heartland at the John Deere Classic
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jul 12, 2012 12:30 AM ET
Steve Stricker returns to the John Deere Classic in a now usual position, as the returning champion. The three time winner at the TPC at Deere Run has won the last three tournaments there and he looks to continue his success this week.
As Stricker looks to maintain his winning ways, other players are looking to gear their game up for next week’s Open Championship. Joining the defending champion in Silvis, Illinois are the 2007 tournament champion Jonathan Byrd, Zach Johnson, Mark Wilson, and the resurgent John Daly.
One of the headline pairings includes Stricker who is teeing off today at 12:45PM ET, alongside Kyle Stanley and Camilo Villegas. Byrd, K.J. Choi, and Stewart Cink tee off at 7:45AM ET, ten minutes after last week’s Greenbrier champion Ted Potter Jr., Nick Watney and Johnson. The pairings will make for an exciting morning in Illinois, while names like Blake Adams, Ryan Moore, David Duval, and Daly dot the afternoon.
Daly, much like Stricker, is looking to continue success this week. Trying to gain his PGA Tour card back, Daly has made five of six cuts this year on the PGA TOUR, while recording a top five finish on the European Tour.
Tune into Golf Channel today LIVE at 2:30PM ET and 8:30PM ET and Friday to catch all the action of the first and second rounds.
Despite being known as one of the best athletes on Tour, Dustin Johnson has been forced to withdraw from a PGA Tour event because of an injury for the third consecutive week. Read More
James Walton’s tee shot at the par-3 17th stopped 4 ½ feet away from the hole on Wednesday to win the annual closet-to-the-pin caddie competition at TPC Sawgrass. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Lexi, Korda in Mobile
- SCORING: Bradley leads by 1 | Mobile Bay LPGA
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process