One-on-One Interview with Rory McIlroy Tonight
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Aug 13, 2012 10:12 AM ET
Hear what the 94th PGA Champion Rory McIlroy has to say about winning his second major when he sits down with Golf Channel’s Tim Rosaforte in a one-on-one interview tonight during Golf Central at 6PM ET. Find out if McIlroy ever thought he would be the youngest player to win two majors since Seve Ballesteros or if he feels this win was validation for him since he had a tumultuous season this year. Also, find out if McIlroy ever thinks about breaking Jack Nicklaus’ record.
McIlroy took the lead for good Sunday morning with back-to-back birdies on the back nine to finish a rain-delayed third round at 67 for a three-shot lead. No one got closer than two shots at any point in the final round, and that last birdie gave McIlroy a 6-under 66. McIlroy rolled in a 25-foot birdie putt, raising the putter in his left hand as the ball rolled true to the center of the cup to win his second major.
Check out photos from the final day of the PGA Championship.
Watch Tim Rosaforte’s one-on-one interview with Rory McIlroy tonight at 6PM ET on Golf Central.
Rory McIlroy joined "Morning Drive" on Wednesday to reveal how he celebrated his victory at the PGA Championship. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots