The Shell Houston Open is the last chance players have to qualify to play in one of the most iconic and coveted events of the season the Masters. But there was a dark cloud looming over several players’ chance to qualify on Thursday. Play was suspended half-way through the first round due to a thunderstorm that dropped more than an inch of rain. As play resumed early Friday morning defending champion Phil Mickelson wasted no time driving into the lead. Will Mickelson have a repeat win at the Shell Houston Open or will Ernie Els get the victory he needs to qualify for the Masters?
While play resumed early Friday morning, tournament officials hope the rain stays away so the players can finish the final round on Sunday by 5PM ET in order to give them enough time to fly to Augusta and prepare for the Masters.
Catch all the action from the Shell Houston Open today on Golf Channel.
Friday, March 30: LIVE 3 & 9:30PM ET
Saturday, March 31: LIVE 12:30 & 9:30PM ET
Sunday, April 1: LIVE 12:30 & 9:30PM ET
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- SCORING: McDowell, Jaidee in Match Play final
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process