The Race for the FedEx Cup Heats Up at AT&T National
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jun 28, 2012 12:30 AM ET
Tiger Woods, the host of this week’s AT&T National tournament, is ready to hit the links today at the Congressional Country Club. Woods said in the AT&T National news conference on Tuesday that he is finally feels comfortable with his latest swing change and acknowledges he now has the time to sharpen his short game. Woods is paired with past AT&T National winners, Nick Price, defending champion and K.J. Choi who won this tournament in 2007. The trio tee off today at 12:50PM ET.
17-year old amateur sensation, Beau Hossler, who briefly held the lead alone in the U.S. Open a few weeks ago impressed Tiger Woods so much that he gave him a late invitation to compete in today’s event. Hossler will tee off at 8:52AM ET with Kyle Reifers and Billy Hurley III.
American Ryder Cup captain Davis Love III will get to observe two likely players for his squad this September at Medinah. Dustin Johnson and Hunter Mahan tee off with Love at 7:50AM ET.
Tournament action will begin on today LIVE at 3PM ET only on Golf Channel.
Thursday, June 28: LIVE 3 & 8:30PM ET
Friday, June 29: LIVE 3 & 8:30PM ET
Saturday, June 30: LIVE 12:30 & 9:30PM ET
Sunday, July 1: LIVE 12:30 & 9:30PM ET
Chella Choi shot her second straight 6-under 66 on Saturday to take a one-stroke lead over Jessica Korda and Anna Nordqvist, the Swede who broke the course record with an 11-under 61 in the third roun... Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger: No desire to clear the air with Garcia
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae