The World's Best Women Golfers Head To France
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jul 25, 2012 12:30 AM ET
Defending champ Ai Miyazato will be joined by the year’s major champions in France to compete for the Evian Masters title. Sun-Young Yoo, Shanshan Feng, and Na Yeon Choi will join Miyazato, along with many of the LPGA Tour’s stars, including young phenoms Lexi Thompson and Cheyenne Woods.
Competing in the final Evian Masters, next year it becomes The Evian and the LPGA TOUR’s fifth major, Miyazato will try to become the first three-time winner of the tournament. Yani Tseng looks to right the ship, as her 2012 campaign has been a disappointment compared to 2011. Looking to continue her recently found success at the U.S. Women’s Open, Michelle Wie is hoping for a solid four days of golf.
Make sure to tune into Golf Channel starting Thursday at 6:30PM ET for coverage of all the action at the Evian Masters Golf Club.
Airtimes for the Evian Masters:
Thursday: 6:30PM & 12:30AM ET
Friday: 6:30PM & 12:30AM ET
Saturday: 12:30PM & 8:30PM ET
Sunday: 12:30PM & 9:00PM ET
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on anchor ban: 'Not going to roll over'
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air