'7 Nights': Tips from Faldo, Miller on hitting irons
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Dec 14, 2011 12:30 AM ET
Want to learn how to get distance from your irons? You got it! Watch "7 Nights at The Academy" tonight at 7 p.m. ET and two-time major champion Johnny Miller and six-time major champion Nick Faldo will teach you just that.
Miller will give you key tips on how to get distance from your irons by trapping the ball instead of scooping it. He will also give you proper practice techniques to ensure you getting the most out of your iron play.
Faldo will explain why you should to focus on your wedge play if you only have a short amount of practice time. Plus, he will show you how to use a clock face as a guide to dial in on shots.
Watch "7 Nights at The Academy" tonight at 7 p.m. ET. Thursday night, short game tips are on the agenda.
Don’t miss your chance to watch the pros’ favorite lessons they have learned over the years on '7 Nights at The Academy' tonight at 7PM ET. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots