Watch Tiger's PGA TOUR Debut LIVE on Golf Channel
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Feb 8, 2012 5:11 PM ET
Tiger Woods is about to make his 2012 PGA TOUR season debut with Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo as his partner in the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am. Romo’s energy, competitiveness and talent just maybe what Woods needs as they tee off on Thursday. “He can really move the ball. With the training that they do and the explosiveness that he has it translates to golf,” Woods said on Tuesday. “They have so much more power than we as golfers do. . . . He’s playing from the up tees this week, which should be fun . . . good for us.”
Not only is Tony Romo a talented quarterback, but he also knows his way around a golf course. Romo is an avid golfer who has tried to qualify for several PGA TOUR events, including the U.S. Open, but unfortunately he didn’t qualify. Romo is a scratch golfer and that will definitely be to their advantage as Woods and Romo look to take home the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am title.
Among other notable pairings are Defending Champions D.A. Points and Actor Bill Murray; Ricky Barnes and New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick; Ryan Moore and San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh; Jim Furk and Singer/Songwriter Darius Rucker and Trevor Immelman and Comedian George Lopez, just to name a few.
Be sure to what LIVE coverage of the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am on Golf Channel.
Thursday, February 9: LIVE 2:30 & 8:30PM ET
Friday, February 10: LIVE 2:30 & 8:30PM ET
Saturday, February 11: LIVE 12:30 & 9:30PM ET
Sunday, February 12: LIVE 12:30 & 9:30PM ET
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth