With a final round of 1-under 71, Hunter Mahan won the Shell Houston Open by a shot over Carl Pettersson.
Mahan is the first player to earn multiple PGA Tour wins this season.
Brian Davis and 54-hole leader Louis Oosthuizen finished in a tie for third at 13 under. Oosthuizen closed with 4-over 76.
Jeff Overton, Keegan Bradley, Phil Mickelson and James Driscoll tied for fifth, four back of the lead.
Ernie Els, who needed a win to get into the Masters for a 19th consecutive year, finished T-12 and a half-dozen shots back of Mahan.
Mahan becomes the No. 4 player the Official World Golf Ranking with the win, the highest ranked American heading to Augusta.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots