Quotes from Euro, U.S. on Ryder Cup outcome
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Sep 30, 2012 7:00 PM ET
“I don’t have a reaction yet. We are all kind of stunned.” – Davis Love III
“We are in shock. We wanted to believe, we really did want to believe but we had no illusions of how hard that day was going to be, four shots against a team that’s played so well all week.” – Justin Rose
“I’m going to enjoy it, with the best team I’ve ever seen, and the best captain I’ve ever seen, and every else, because this is special.” – Ian Poulter
“It’s a feeling that I’ve never had before. The major win was just for myself, but I can see the guys behind me, my brother was here and my father was here, Sergio ran onto the green. Now I know how it really feels to win the Ryder Cup.” – Martin Kaymer
“It’s the second time it happened to me being on the fairway. It happened at The Belfry on 17, playing Jesper (Parnevik) and our match was inconsequential and same thing here, it’s inconsequential, the cup is already over.” – Tiger Woods
“The first two days nothing went our way. We struggled on the greens and this morning I felt a little change in that regard, and we started to make a few putts. This one is for the whole of Europe, period.” – Jose Maria Olazabal
“I was really happy because I knew that the guys were going to do a great job and I knew that it was going to come down to the last matches.” – Francesco Molinari
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots