USC lost its national championship, Ohio State lost its coach, its star quarterback and some shine off those fancy helmets.
All in a week's news cycle where the world of big-time college sports continues to see it's biggest programs find some of the biggest trouble imaginable.
As a breath of fresh air golf gave us Augusta State. Division II in all sports but golf – where they're Division I – and No. 1 for the second straight year.
Four seniors, one junior and one coach are all leaving in the dreamiest of dream endings. The Jaguars beat state and and national power Georgia Tech, host school and favorite Oklahoma State and then state Big Dawgs Georgia.
Hardly a mention on the national sports landscape, to me this is golf's best story this year. And when those 2011 "team of the year" nominees come out, I hope somebody remembers.
Tags: NCAA Mens Final Div 1
Carter Newman birdied the first playoff hole Saturday to beat Oklahoma State’s Sean Einhaus and lift defending champion Augusta State into an all-Georgia final round at the NCAA men’s golf tournament. Read More
Defending champion Augusta State will face top-ranked Oklahoma State in the NCAA Men’s Golf Championships semifinals in a rematch of the title match last year. Read More
One of Golf Channel's originals, Kann has been part of Golf Channel's on-air team since 1995.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Lexi, Lewis in LPGA finale
- SCORING: Bae leads Bradley | LPGA Mobile Bay
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play