Ai Miyazato takes Round 2 lead in Titleholders
- By Randall Mell
- Nov 16, 2012 3:33 PM ET
NAPLES, Fla. – Japan’s Ai Miyazato set herself up for a run at her third LPGA title this season.
With an 8-under-par 64 Friday, Miyazato grabbed the early lead in the second round of the CME Group Titleholders. Miyazato won the LPGA Lotte Championship in April and the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship in July.
Miyazato is a formidable weekend closer. She has won three of the last four times she has held a 36-hole lead in an LPGA event.
A hot putter helped Miyazato on Friday. She is known as one of the best putters on tour, but she hasn’t been happy with her work on the greens of late. She needed 31 putts in Thursday’s first round but only 25 on Friday.
“I haven’t had a good feeling with my putts the last month,” Miyazato said. “I just told myself to be patient, they’re going to go in.”
Tags: Ai Miyazato
Just a few days after a five-car crash, Ai Miyazato withdrew from this week's LPGA event, citing neck and shoulder pain. Read More
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth