Amateurs John Peterson and Harris English, both recent college graduates, are treating the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Invitational like just another college tournament through 36 holes.
Peterson, an LSU graduate who won the NCAA Championship in June, holds a one-shot lead over English, a Georgia grad who won the Southern Amateur last week, and a three-shot advantage over Brian Smock and former U.S. Ryder Cup team member, Brett Wetterich.
Peter Uihlein, the reigning U.S. Amateur champ, is also in the mix at The Ohio State University Scarlet Course in Columbus, Ohio after rounds of 69-67 landed him at 6 under – five behind Peterson’s leading 11-under mark.
Follow the action during the final 36 holes with GolfChannel.com's scoring.
Amateurs John Peterson and Harris English lead the way at the Nationwide Children's Hospital Invitational after three rounds, vying to become just the third amateur to win a Nationwide Tour event. Read More
Levy joined the Golf Channel team in 2010 as associate editor for GolfChannel.com.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth