An, 2009 U.S. Amateur champion, signs with Chandler
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jan 18, 2012 1:16 PM ET
Byeong-Hun An, the youngest winner of the U.S. Amateur in 2009 at age 17, has signed with International Sports Management.
The 20-year-old South Korean joins Peter Uihlein (2010) as the latest U.S. Amateur winner to sign with Andrew “Chubby” Chandler.
"Ben's credentials speak for themselves,” Chandler said in a statement. “I am confident that we can guide him successfully through the often choppy waters that await young golfers starting out on their professional careers."
An turned pro last summer, earning his card on the European Challenge Tour. Uihlein will begin his professional career on the same tour, starting in India later this month.
"I'm looking forward to the challenge and can't wait to get started," An said.
Tags: Byeong Hun An
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia's comments | Singh, anchoring
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Simpson wants bifurcation | Clark's take