An, 2009 U.S. Amateur champion, signs with Chandler
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jan 18, 2012 1:16 PM ET
Byeong-Hun An, the youngest winner of the U.S. Amateur in 2009 at age 17, has signed with International Sports Management.
The 20-year-old South Korean joins Peter Uihlein (2010) as the latest U.S. Amateur winner to sign with Andrew “Chubby” Chandler.
"Ben's credentials speak for themselves,” Chandler said in a statement. “I am confident that we can guide him successfully through the often choppy waters that await young golfers starting out on their professional careers."
An turned pro last summer, earning his card on the European Challenge Tour. Uihlein will begin his professional career on the same tour, starting in India later this month.
"I'm looking forward to the challenge and can't wait to get started," An said.
Tags: Byeong Hun An
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots