Annika and Ochoa return ... for one tournament
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Mar 1, 2012 12:29 PM ET
Annika Sorenstam and Lorena Ochoa will return to competitive golf this fall, albeit for one week.
Sorenstam will team with Suzann Pettersen to take on the duo of Ochoa and world No. 1 Yani Tseng in an exhibition match in Oslo, Norway from Sept. 7-9, according to the Associated Press.
In her home country, Pettersen will be host of the Suzann Pro Challenge. It will raise money for Right To Play, a children’s charity organization. Pettersen tweeted her excitement about the event, saying, "(It) should be great fun and lots of show!"
'Go Annika' Celebrates 10-Year Anniversary of Historic Moment When Annika Sorenstam Teed It Up Against The Men Of The PGA TOURby Golf Channel Public Relations | May 15, 2013 4:42 PM ET
Golf Channel Retrospective Airs Wednesday, May 22, at 9 p.m. ET, Features More Than 20 Interviews With People Connected to Story Read More
Cristie Kerr made a short par putt on the second hole of a sudden-death playoff with Suzann Pettersen on Sunday to win the Kingsmill Championship for the third time. Read More
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots