Annika and Ochoa return ... for one tournament
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Mar 1, 2012 12:29 PM ET
Annika Sorenstam and Lorena Ochoa will return to competitive golf this fall, albeit for one week.
Sorenstam will team with Suzann Pettersen to take on the duo of Ochoa and world No. 1 Yani Tseng in an exhibition match in Oslo, Norway from Sept. 7-9, according to the Associated Press.
In her home country, Pettersen will be host of the Suzann Pro Challenge. It will raise money for Right To Play, a children’s charity organization. Pettersen tweeted her excitement about the event, saying, "(It) should be great fun and lots of show!"
'Go Annika' Celebrates 10-Year Anniversary of Historic Moment When Annika Sorenstam Teed It Up Against The Men Of The PGA TOURby Golf Channel Public Relations | May 15, 2013 4:42 PM ET
Golf Channel Retrospective Airs Wednesday, May 22, at 9 p.m. ET, Features More Than 20 Interviews With People Connected to Story Read More
Cristie Kerr made a short par putt on the second hole of a sudden-death playoff with Suzann Pettersen on Sunday to win the Kingsmill Championship for the third time. Read More
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path