Just prior taping the “Grey Goose 19th Hole”, Annika Sorenstam shared with John Hawkins, Jeff Rude and me just how content she is in life after golf.
In just a few weeks, Annika is scheduled to deliver a baby girl, and between her academy, golf projects and even a new line of perfume she sometimes loses track of the LPGA schedule.
"I'll think about it and say 'is it Thursday, are they playing today’?” she said.
This, after years of intense focus on big putts and big tournaments. Fans are also blogging Annika and husband Mike McGee to suggest possible baby names that include Augusta and Hazeltine. Ms. 59 politely smiled and assured us those will remain major venues and were given very minor consideration.
- SCORING: Bae leads Bradley | LPGA Mobile Bay
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play