Baird to miss rest of season after shoulder surgery
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Sep 17, 2012 4:03 PM ET
Briny Baird will miss the remainder of the season after undergoing surgery on both shoulders, according to the PGA Tour’s website.
Baird has been dealing with pain in his left shoulder for much of the 2012 season, and he hasn’t made a Tour start since the HP Byron Nelson Championship in May. He will have surgery on that shoulder Thursday, and then will undergo a similar procedure on his right shoulder in 2-3 months.
Baird, who made six cuts in 13 starts, expects to return at the start of the 2013 season.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots