Baird to miss rest of season after shoulder surgery
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Sep 17, 2012 4:03 PM ET
Briny Baird will miss the remainder of the season after undergoing surgery on both shoulders, according to the PGA Tour’s website.
Baird has been dealing with pain in his left shoulder for much of the 2012 season, and he hasn’t made a Tour start since the HP Byron Nelson Championship in May. He will have surgery on that shoulder Thursday, and then will undergo a similar procedure on his right shoulder in 2-3 months.
Baird, who made six cuts in 13 starts, expects to return at the start of the 2013 season.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots