CHARLOTTE, N.C. – North Carolina sure is treating Webb Simpson well this week. After rounds of 65-68-69, Simpson holds the Wells Fargo Championship lead at 14 under.
He may be out front, but there are many contenders knocking at his door.
Ryan Moore and D.A. Points sit one back at 13 under. Rory McIlroy fired a red-hot 66 Saturday and is 12 under, alongside Nick Watney.
The low round of the day came from Geoff Ogilvy, who posted a near-flawless 65 that included eight birdies and only one bogey at the par-4 18th.
Phil Mickelson and Lee Westwood had success early on the course Saturday and both posted 68 after making the cut on the number. They sit nine back headed into Sunday’s final round.
Tags: Wells Fargo Championship
Shawn Stefani had the longest drive of the week at Quail Hollow, but how did it stack up against the best this year? Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Sr. PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots