AKRON, Ohio – Due to a weather forecast that calls for thunderstorms throughout Sunday, tournament officials have moved up tee times for the final round of the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational.
Competitors will now start in threesomes on both the first and 10th tees beginning at 8 a.m. ET.
"There is a likelihood of suspensions throughout the day, but we feel that we must make use of any window of playable weather that arrives," said a statement from the International Federation of PGA Tour Rules Committee.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth