British Open purse remains same as last year
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jul 9, 2012 3:54 PM ET
The purse for next week's British Open is unchanged from a year ago.
The field assembled at Royal Lytham and St. Annes will compete for a $7,745,085 purse, with $1,394,115 going to the champion, according to Sky Sports.
The last time Lytham hosted the British Open in 2001, David Duval won $929,410 for his only major championship victory.
Tags: British Open
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Pettersson declines comment for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth