British Open purse remains same as last year
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jul 9, 2012 3:54 PM ET
The purse for next week's British Open is unchanged from a year ago.
The field assembled at Royal Lytham and St. Annes will compete for a $7,745,085 purse, with $1,394,115 going to the champion, according to Sky Sports.
The last time Lytham hosted the British Open in 2001, David Duval won $929,410 for his only major championship victory.
Tags: British Open
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Feherty's Venturi interview
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Teater leads British Open qualifier; Guthrie 1 back
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae