Coming in December: Bubba Goes to Thailand.
Bubba Watson, the defending Masters champion, has committed to play in the Asian Tour’s Thailand Golf Championship on Dec. 6-9. He joins Lee Westwood, Hunter Mahan, Charl Schwartzel, Louis Oosthuizen and Darren Clarke as players who already have committed to the $1 million event.
Last year, Westwood shot an opening-round 60 en route to a seven-shot victory at Amata Spring Country Club.
“My friends have told me lots of nice things about the country, the beautiful beaches, the great food and, of course, the friendly people,” Watson said in a statement. “I’m really excited about playing in the Thailand Golf Championship in front of all the fans there, and I also hope to experience the Thai culture.”
Watson, from Bagdad, Fla., has increasingly taken his talents overseas in recent years. Last year, he played in France – leading to this infamous interview – Sweden and Australia.
Friendly advice, Bubba: Research Bangkok first.
Tags: Bubba Watson
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path