Coming in December: Bubba Goes to Thailand.
Bubba Watson, the defending Masters champion, has committed to play in the Asian Tour’s Thailand Golf Championship on Dec. 6-9. He joins Lee Westwood, Hunter Mahan, Charl Schwartzel, Louis Oosthuizen and Darren Clarke as players who already have committed to the $1 million event.
Last year, Westwood shot an opening-round 60 en route to a seven-shot victory at Amata Spring Country Club.
“My friends have told me lots of nice things about the country, the beautiful beaches, the great food and, of course, the friendly people,” Watson said in a statement. “I’m really excited about playing in the Thailand Golf Championship in front of all the fans there, and I also hope to experience the Thai culture.”
Watson, from Bagdad, Fla., has increasingly taken his talents overseas in recent years. Last year, he played in France – leading to this infamous interview – Sweden and Australia.
Friendly advice, Bubba: Research Bangkok first.
Tags: Bubba Watson
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- LPGA SCORING: C. Choi up by 1; Lewis 4 back
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process