Coming in December: Bubba Goes to Thailand.
Bubba Watson, the defending Masters champion, has committed to play in the Asian Tour’s Thailand Golf Championship on Dec. 6-9. He joins Lee Westwood, Hunter Mahan, Charl Schwartzel, Louis Oosthuizen and Darren Clarke as players who already have committed to the $1 million event.
Last year, Westwood shot an opening-round 60 en route to a seven-shot victory at Amata Spring Country Club.
“My friends have told me lots of nice things about the country, the beautiful beaches, the great food and, of course, the friendly people,” Watson said in a statement. “I’m really excited about playing in the Thailand Golf Championship in front of all the fans there, and I also hope to experience the Thai culture.”
Watson, from Bagdad, Fla., has increasingly taken his talents overseas in recent years. Last year, he played in France – leading to this infamous interview – Sweden and Australia.
Friendly advice, Bubba: Research Bangkok first.
Tags: Bubba Watson
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invit., Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchoring attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly