Bubble battle: Nos. 124, 125 grouped at Disney
- By Randall Mell
- Oct 18, 2011 1:50 PM ET
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – The bubble boys in the race to make the top 125 on the PGA Tour money list gained an extra measure of scrutiny this week thanks to the pairings in the first two rounds of the season-ending Children’s Miracle Network Classic.
James Driscoll, No. 125 on the money list, will be paired with Bobby Gates, who’s No. 124. They’ll go off first together Thursday at 7:50 a.m. ET on the Palm Course at Disney World and will be off together again at 11:50 a.m. Friday on the Magnolia Course. The Tour arranged the pairings to heighten interest in the story.
“The Tour loves to do stuff like that,” Gates said. “I think they have twisted irony. Hopefully we both play well and feed off each other.”
The top 125 on the money list at week’s end secure exempt status on the PGA Tour next year.
When the CIMB Classic becomes the first-ever FedEx Cup event in Asia this fall, it will do so from a new venue and with one of the game's biggest stars highlighting its field. Read More
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path