CHASKA, Minn. – For all those waiting to pick Paul Casey in their PGA Championship office pools the wait will continue.
According to Casey’s manager at IMG the world No. 3 will make a game-time decision on Thursday whether to play or not. Casey withdrew after six holes last week at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational with a rib muscle injury and had been icing and resting ever since.
Casey was spotted on the Hazeltine National practice range Wednesday afternoon rubbing his chest and the Englishman’s workout was limited. Experience suggests muscle injuries have tendency to linger, but Casey is not used to sitting out majors. Expect to see him on Thursday’s tee sheet.
- SCORING: Wind howling at Nelson | LPGA Mobile
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile Bay; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play