CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Lot of talk about who won’t be in next week’s Players Championship – Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson – but when the field was released late Friday there was one name worth noting.
Bud Cauley, who became just the seventh player in PGA Tour history to earn a card straight out of college without having to play Q-School, will be at TPC Sawgrass, something of a second home for the Jacksonville, Fla., resident.
Cauley earned his spot in The Players via his position on the FedEx Cup points list (39th) following top-10 finishes at the Arnold Palmer Invitational (T-4) and Shell Houston Open (T-8).
Tags: Bud Cauley
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots