Roll Tide: Cauley to play with Saban at Pebble
- By Jason Sobel
- Jan 27, 2012 7:30 PM ET
Nick Saban will celebrate Alabama’s recent BCS championship title by teeing it up in the upcoming AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am with a budding star from the same school.
GolfChannel.com has learned that the three-time national title-winning coach will compete in the tournament with PGA Tour rookie Bud Cauley.
Saban is an avid golfer who has been reported to regularly score in the mid-to-high 70s. He hosts his own charity golf tournament in Alabama each summer.
Two years ago, after an animated discussion with quarterback A.J. McCarron that ended with Saban slapping him on the backside, he said, “I’m not apologizing for anything I did, to be honest with you. A.J. doesn’t have a problem with it and nobody else should have a problem with it. … If you don’t like that, then I guess you should go watch the Golf Channel.”
Tags: Bud Cauley
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path