Champions Tour Tampa event has new title sponsor
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Feb 24, 2012 10:22 PM ET
The Champions Tour event in Tampa has a new title sponsor, the tour announced Friday.
Encompass Insurance will replace Outback Steakhouse as sponsor of the pro-am event held in the area since 1988. When the 2012 schedule was released, the event lacked a sponsor.
The tournament will now be known as the Encompass Insurance Pro-Am of Tampa Bay and continue to be played at TPC Tampa Bay from April 9-15.
The agreement with the Champions Tour also includes an option for the insurer to sponsor another event in the Chicago area, starting in 2013.
John Cook beat Jay Don Blake in a playoff to win last year's title.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No three-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots