Cheyenne Woods joins same management as Tiger
- By Ryan Ballengee
- May 21, 2012 5:27 PM ET
Cheyenne Woods will share the same representation as her uncle, Tiger Woods. Cheyenne Woods has signed with the Excel Sports Management, who represents her more famous relative.
The Wake Forest product and 2011 ACC individual champion recently graduated with a degree in communications and has turned professional.
"I am really looking forward to pursuing my goals and dreams to compete on the highest level," said Woods, who is related to the world No. 7 through her father, Earl Jr., Tiger's half-brother.
Woods was named an All-American in 2011 and a three-time All-Atlantic Coast Conference player. The 21-year-old Arizona native will seek sponsor's exemptions for the remainder of the LPGA season before trying her hand at Q-School in the fall.
Cheyenne Woods is the latest addition to the stable of Excel clients represented by Mark Steinberg. Tiger Woods, Players champion Matt Kuchar, Gary Woodland and Danielle Kang are also Steinberg clients.
There's plenty more to Cheyenne Woods' game than just her famous last name. With uncle Tiger Woods playing this week in Charlotte, his niece is looking to wrap up her record-setting Wake Forest caree... Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No three-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots