Clark makes late surge towards Tour Championship
- By Randall Mell
- Sep 5, 2012 6:38 PM ET
CARMEL, Ind. – Tim Clark is looking to build on his impressive comeback from injury this week at the BMW Championship.
At 43rd on the FedEx Cup points list, Clark needs to crack the top 30 at tournament's end to advance to the Tour Championship.
That goal didn’t seem possible back in February, when he shot 82 at the Northern Trust Open in his first start in eight months. He underwent elbow surgery in August of last year to repair a torn tendon and struggled upon his return. He missed three of his first four cuts coming back and was DQ’d in the other start.
Making the Tour Championship would be a bonus to what’s already been a successful bounce back.
“I never would have thought that was possible,” Clark said. “Four or five weeks ago, I was sitting 130th in FedEx Cup points. I’ve just been playing hard the last few tournaments, seeing how far I can go in this.”
Clark got hot in late July. He tied for 15th at the RBC Canadian Open, tied for 11th at the PGA Championship, finished second at Wyndham and tied for 10th at The Barclays.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Lexi, Lewis in LPGA finale
- SCORING: Bae leads Bradley | LPGA Mobile Bay
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play