Season's first three major winners grouped at Evian
- By Randall Mell
- Jul 25, 2012 4:41 PM ET
The Evian Masters will spotlight a reminder that women’s golf may be on the precipice of seeing its first Asian Slam later this year.
Yoo (Kraft Nabisco), Feng (Wegmans LPGA Championship) and Choi (U.S. Women’s Open) are the year’s reigning major championship winners. Yoo and Choi are from South Korea, Feng from China.
The Far East will be bidding to claim all four majors in the same year for the first time in history when the Ricoh Women’s British Open is played Sept. 13-16. The Evian Masters doesn’t become a major until next year.
The trio of major championship winners will go off Evian Golf Club’s first tee Thursday at 7:13 a.m. ET.
In another compelling grouping, world No. 1 Yani Tseng is scheduled to go off Thursday at 3:41 a.m. ET with Lexi Thompson and Michelle Wie. The American trio of Stacy Lewis, Paula Creamer and Brittany Lincicome are off together at 6:40 a.m. ET. Defending champ Ai Miyazato, a two-time winner of this event, will go off with three-time Evian Masters’ champ Helen Alfredsson and two-time Evian Masters champ Laura Davies at 2:17 a.m. ET.
Chella Choi shot her second straight 6-under 66 on Saturday to take a one-stroke lead over Jessica Korda and Anna Nordqvist, the Swede who broke the course record with an 11-under 61 in the third roun... Read More
The man who saved Tiger Woods from disqualification at the Masters? It was reportedly Champions Tour player David Eger. Read More
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae