Captain's choice: Couples will use pick on Woods, if needed
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Aug 5, 2011 1:48 PM ET
Couples said that he and Tiger have been in contact via text messages all year and they texted one another Thursday night.
“He told me he wants to play, he’s ready to play,” Couples said of Woods.
Woods is currently 26th on the U.S. points list. The top 10 after the BMW Championship will qualify for the matches at Royal Melbourne in Australia, Nov. 17-20.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth